SPORTS QUIZ By Ryan A. Berenz
1. What Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender set an NHL record for the longest unbeaten streak to begin a career, going 14-0-2 in his first 16 games during the 1996-97 season?
2. Left-handed pitcher Vida Blue won the AL Cy Young Award and was named AL MVP in 1971 as a member of what team?
3. What 7-foot 7-inch Romanian-born center played with the Washington Bullets (1993-97) and the New Jersey Nets (1998-2000)?
4. What boxer, known as the “Cincinnati Cobra,” amassed a 95-25-1 record in a pro career spanning 1940-59?
5. What three New York Yankees became the first players in MLB history to hit back-to-back-to-back home runs in the postseason when they did it versus the Cleveland Indians in Game 1 of the 1997 AL Division Series?
6. Cornelius “Dutch” Warmerdam held the world record in what athletic sport from 1940-57?
7. In 1975, who became the first African-American golfer to play in Masters tournament?
1. Patrick Lalime.
2. The Oakland A’s.
3. Gheorghe Muresan.
4. Ezzard Charles.
5. Tim Raines, Derek Jeter and Paul O’Neill.
6. Pole vault.
7. Lee Elder.
(c) 2021 King Features Syndicate, Inc.